Saturday, February 21, 2009

Victorian paintings from Royal Holloway, University of London

I've recently found the loveliness of Romantic Homes magazine. I bought the latest issue today. They always have a section called 'We Love: Agenda,' which features places to visit for 'romantic' paintings, etc.



Today they had a small blurb on the Victorian paintings from Royal Holloway's collection!!! Woohoo :)

It is currently at the Delware Art Museum until April 12. Luckily it will be at the Huntsville Museum of Art from November 21- February 15, 2010!!! I have some friends in Huntsville so you know I will be planning a visit to see them and taking a trip to their art museum to see the Victorian paintings!

While I was at Royal Holloway for my grad studies, I never got a chance to see the paintings in the Picture Gallery of the Founder's Building on campus. I saw them at a glance while I was going through that area during orientation, but didn't get an opportunity to see them up close. I can't wait for 2010!! Beautiful examples of Victorian art ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to sound so ignorant but where is Huntsville? Can you provide a link to the museum so I can figure out where it is?

    ReplyDelete