Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dragon progress!

Much to my surprise, the dragon isn't as fearsome as he seemed in November when I had a head cold and couldn't see straight! I've got all of the white areas done on the body that make up his wings and scales. Now comes the rest of his red body and the flames shooting out of his mouth O_o"



After I finish him up, I have a small motif to the left.......and the crazy border around this sampler to finish......as Scarlett O'Hara says, "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow," or in my case, the day after that or the next, etc., etc. ^____^

In other related stitching news, my aunt and I stopped by Books-A-Million after work to browse the craft magazine section. I couldn't resist the latest issue of The Cross Stitcher.



They have a lovely pattern for Quaker motifs that you can stitch to make notecards! And since the issue is geared towards Spring, it has a very adorable bunny design called Bunny Hop ;)

Also related to stitching is a website that I found randomly last night when I was researching Regency sewing patterns. This antique auction website has some gorgeous purses! My fave is the pettipoint purse dating from the 1940s....but who has $450 to drop on a purse?!?! Not me, though it is a beautiful piece of stitching! While you're at this website, check out the other ladies' accessories, especially the lace and hats.

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

4 comments:

  1. That's too funny - we were both thinking about Scarlet O'Hara! :) Your sampler is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is lovely. I wouldn't have a clue how to do cross-stitch. How did you learn?
    Thanks for the link to Karen Augusta's Antique Lace and Fashion site. There are some lovely images in the archives.
    I posted my review of the 18th Century Embroidery Book for you on Blog of a Bookworm and I am also hosting a Mad Hatters Tea Party on my fashion blog. How you've inspired me Rachel. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sampler is looking good Bunny! Before you know it, you'll be done stitching and ready for framing.

    ReplyDelete