Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Book geek!

I had purchased a book by Anthony Hope several weeks ago on eBay and it finally made its way to my mailbox today! U.S. Media mail is very slow!





A Cut and A Kiss by Anthony Hope. This edition is from 1899....can you believe I bought it for $7.50 on eBay?!?!

I can't wait to get started on this book, but I have to be good and finish what I am currently reading, Silas Marner by George Eliot. The book is quite good so far, but it can bog you down a bit in parts. When I first started reading it, strangely it reminded me of The Scarlet Letter in writing style. I looked up Nathaniel Hawthorne I realized that he and Eliot were roughly contemporaries so there's one reason for similarity in style!

If you haven't read Anthony Hope's Prisoner of Zenda, please head out to your local library or bookstore and pick it up. Luckily this book is still in print unlike some of his other works. A few of them can still be bought, but usually in hardcover for about $30 a book O_o" Anyone who loves sword fights, mistaken identities, and forbidden love will enjoy The Prisoner of Zenda ;)

1 comment:

  1. Your library is taking shape! We're going to have to add another room to the house :):):)

    ReplyDelete