Friday, February 27, 2009

Librarians ROCK!

Guess what? I got the best news today; it brighten up my work day for sure! You know how I was on a mad search for Rosaline Woodbridge: or A Midnight Visit by Hannah Maria Jones? Well, a friend of mine who is a librarian at one of my local universities was able to ILL it for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy! Just goes to show that librarians have mystical powers ^___^ The book should come in next Friday!! I'm so giddy over a book.

I haven't had the time to stitch on my sampler today, but I hope to work on it tomorrow. I think I might be able to finish it up this weekend, which leaves the border.

With being so close to the end, I'm a bit sad. Overall, I liked working on this sampler. It was my first project on linen...I don't think I can ever go back to Aida fabric after this.

I have two more Anagram Diffusion patterns in my stash O_o"


Four Seasons Sampler


Les Arts

I don't think I will attempt either one for the present. They are quite large, about the size of my Elements sampler or larger! I love the look of red/white thread on olive green Belfast so I will most likely pick those colors again when I start one of these samplers :)

In other news, I ran across this bit of Jane Austen goodness! Emma is being re-adapted by the BBC. I can't wait to see it later this year. I loved the latest versions of the other Jane Austen films that the BBC put out in 2007 when I was in England and I'm sure that the newest version of Emma will be fabulous!

Well, I'm off to bed. I've got to stop by the library tomorrow to pick up my hold on The Tudors season two! I'll be watching that while stitching on my sampler.


Thanks to everyone who commented on my sampler!

Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

  1. What fabulous news that your librarian friend could get the book for you! She's a good friend to keep.

    Good luck with finishing your sampler. The second season of the Tudors is pretty racy, you might get distracted from your work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had to pick which of the other two samplers to start stitching on, I don't think I could select one over the other! I do like Les Arts since it depicts your vocation, but then you do like the Fall of the year!
    Choices??????

    ReplyDelete