Monday, February 9, 2009

Plugging away

Well, I got some stitching done on Sunday night after doing some laundry and filing my taxes. I have to say that I like this block of the Elements sampler the best, I can’t exactly tell you why, but I do. Could be because it’s the last in the pattern or because my zodiac sign falls under the Air element ;)



Maybe I can have it finished before the end of the month. After I finish the Air block, I have to go back to my dragon in the Fire block and finish that motif up. I was working on that motif in November, but I kept getting head colds and I couldn’t see straight to even concentrate on the little red/white squares on my pattern sheet so I left the dragon for LHN’s Bookshelf design, which was a nice change from red and white thread all the time. LOL I don’t even want to think about stitching the border on this sampler…..it will definitely take a while O_o”

What will I start after this sampler is finished? Nothing as big any time soon, even though I have two more Anagram Diffusion samplers in my stash. I was looking through some charts that I had bought on clearance at Hobby Lobby in late 2007 when I was just learning how to cross-stitch. I liked the patterns and bought them with the hope of working on them eventually when I learned how to ‘count’ stitches on linen. I think I might attempt a pattern that has a variety of specialty stitches in it. One of my stitching resolutions this year was to work on a pattern that allowed me to learn some new stitches so I think it will be perfect along with the theme, which is autumn ;)

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment