Saturday, February 21, 2009

Is there an AA group for book addicts?!

I was looking on Amazon for a copy of Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell and by the end of my browsing, my cart was full of other books!



I bought some Gothic novels, two of which were mentioned in Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey, which was in fact a satire of Gothic novels that were so popular during that period.



I also came away with several novels by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Bibliobazaar is a great company that publishes classics and hard to find novels. They had two collections of Burnett's books so you know I was going to buy them!


More Frances Hodgson Burnett!

I have an antique copy of The Shuttle, but I didn't want to ruin it by reading it so I thought I would get a recent copy of it to read :)

My sister saw the Amazon boxes when they came in the mail and she said, "Ok, Jefferson!" <-- LOL A reference to Thomas Jefferson who was a book addict as well!!

The amusing part is the fact that the Wives and Daughters hasn't come in yet because it hasn't been 'released' yet by OUP. I think I might cancel my order on it and get a Penguin copy of the book instead!

Happy reading ^___^

2 comments:

  1. If there is a group, let me know. I am totally addicted.
    Where do you keep all your books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a group for book addiction, but I'm so sorry if we (your Mom and I) have created a monster. Isn't it fun buying and reading books though?

    ReplyDelete