Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Talk about well-loved!

I was reading a post on a Blog of a Bookworm and decided to share a few pictures of a set of books that were well-loved by my sister and I when we were growing up! They were given to us by our aunt Snowbird.


Little House on the Prairie bookset!! LOL If this isn't well-loved then I don't know what is ^___^


Back of the box set :)

Like Ms. Ingrid, my sister and I were blessed with a mother who knew the value of reading. We made trips to our local library every other Saturday, coming away with armfuls of books!

I was browsing at Books-A-Million over Christmas looking for a set of the Little House books and they now have a set that has color illustrations?!?!?! I'm jealous! I can't wait to pick up this set for my cousin Emily when she gets older. She already loves to read so I think this set will be great :)

Other well-loved favorites of my childhood:

The Little Princess

A Secret Garden <-- I loved reading this story while listening to a tape of Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker/Swan Lake! Yes, I know, I was a strange child ^__^"

All American Girl series (especially the stories of Molly and Samantha)

Any fairy tale collections!

As an adult, I still like to browse the kids section of my local libraries and pick up some of my favorites to reread them! My favorite authors are still my childhood faves likes Frances Hodgson Burnett, Louisa May Alcott, Lucy Maud Montgomery, Charles Dickens among many others :)

Happy Reading everyone ^____^

2 comments:

  1. They do look well-loved. You are so lucky to still have them. My mother gave away most of my books when I went away to university (even though she was a librarian!!!!).
    Thanks for linking me to your blog. And yes I wrote that post about first books just for you. I'm pretty sure you are the only one reading my book blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that your Little House books were well loved. I can think of a few others that were well loved by you and Baby. One thing about your love of reading, I will never have to worry about figuring out a gift to give. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete