Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New projects!

Hi, everyone ;)

Over the weekend I was trying to finish backstitching a winter-themed table liner, but then got tired of it...(crazy backstitching!) and thought to start something else to alternate with the table liner. I chose a cute design in one of the many volumes of Stitch Ideas (Japanese craft magazine) that I have on my shelves.

I thought the pattern would be very nice as a biscornu and I got all of it stitched up on Sunday and then I set about to whip stitch the edges.....and that's where things went all topsy-turvy! I started whip stitching in the wrong place and had cut the fabric too close to the backstitched edge and it frayed....I couldn't undo my stitches and start over.....SIGH!!!

LOL So I started stitching the design again! I finished it up yesterday, but ran out of DMC 601 and so I can't finish it properly until I stop by my local Hobby Lobby and pick up some more thread O___o"

Tonight, I really didn't feel like backstitching on my table liner so I started a new project ;)


Harvest Blessing by Country Cottage Needleworks!

What do you think? Isn't it nice?



I got three tomatoes stitched up ;) And I thought of a great use for the adorable bunny bag that my friend had sent me last week! It is perfect for holding my threads, needles, etc. when I take them to work with me!! (I stitch or read a little bit before I go to work in the mornings!)

Hopefully, my very nice aunt will let us stop by Hobby Lobby tomorrow after work and I can pick up some DMC 601 thread so I can finish up my biscornu!! LOL And yes, I looked up how to finish a biscornu properly.....I've stitched one before, but apparently my brain wasn't working on Sunday when I attempted to stitch one up!

Until next time! Take care everyone ;)

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see you are back to the world of blogging. Was worried about you not posting for nearly a week.
    I have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to stitches but it all looks great!

    ReplyDelete