Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blog Award! Woot!



"This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award."

I was quite excited to receive a blog award from Fashion is My Muse. I have never had a one before so it was a complete surprise to me!

Thank you so much Ingrid! I appreciate the fact that you thought of me to nominate for an award.

I thought I would pass on this blog award to the following people: (more than eight, sorry!)

Ingrid at Fashion is My Muse/Blog of a Bookworm: She has an amazing fashion blog, which always keeps me in the loop on museum exhibitions (even if I cannot go to see them) and gives me an insight into historic fashion. Her book blog is great! You can never go wrong with book reviews! *I’m glad to know I’m not the only person who can’t tear up a book!*

Yuko at Be Happy: One of the first individuals to comment on my blog. She always has the most beautiful pictures of her stitched pieces and I love seeing her photos from trips around Japan!

Becky at BeckyBee's Stitching Hive: Another one of my favorite blogs. I love seeing all her finishes, exchanges, and stash!

Nicole at Nicole’s Needlework: It is always a pleasure to see what she is working on because she has so many projects going on. Her LHN finishes are always beautiful.

Joei at A Box of Chocolates: Roses and samplers! Her stitching is marvelous, just check out her Beloved design! There’s no way I could have thought of those colors!

Sachiko at Peace*time: Another amazing crafter! I love seeing her creations whether it's knitting, cross-stitch, etc.

Snowbird of MichiganSnowbird: My crazy-knitting aunt who patiently taught me how to cross-stitch when I came back from England and took me to my first LNS when I wanted to work on linen! *At least I learned one craft art from you since knitting is a disaster with me!*

Jane at Yarn Storm: A fellow Royal Hollowayer and the author of The Gentle Art of Domesticity. Her pictures are gorgeous and I love reading her blog for info on books, crafts or just life in general ;)

Vic at Jane Austen’s World: One of my all time favorite ‘history’ blogs. Everyday I learn something new about the Regency of England from her blog. Her photo synopsis of the latest Austen films always make me laugh! *i.e. Mrs. Dashwood wearing that ridiculous hairstyle in the latest version of Sense and Sensibility.*

I would love to give this award to every blog I read, but it would be a very, very long list of individuals. In all honesty, I think everyone in the stitching community deserves this award. They share their love of crafts to the world and inspire me everyday to try something new in the future. This award also goes out to all the history bloggers on the Web. Education is forever, it doesn’t stop once you leave school.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    Thank you so much for the award and the compliments {{..blushing already...}}. It is an honor to receive such an award from a a lovely and talented stitcher like you. You inspire me especially on your Elements. Had I not seen your WIP of it, I wouldn't realized how very lovely it is. Thanks for selling the chart to me. Please tell me the price and you're paypal acct so that I can transfer it soon. You just made me happy, thanks again.

    Looking forward to see your Elements done.

    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,
    I am really glad that you are pleased about your award. It is well deserved. I'd love to see that Victorian hat you mentioned. If you have time to take a photo of it, please email it to me at artismylife@mac.com. You don't have to wear it if you want to remain incognito. It would be a marvelous addition to the Mad Tea Parties in March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, I can't thank you enough for this award. I will be posting my choices this weekend! Vic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the award for me!!
    Sorry,I don't uproad this award because I'm very busy preparation at my new house.But I will uproad when I have quietly.

    ReplyDelete