Saturday, April 4, 2009

Finally a finish!!

I finally finished up my biscornu today! I went by Joann's Fabrics and picked up some DMC 601 thread.


A mini-biscornu along side my bunny bag that holds my thread/needles.


Design: Heart design from Stitch Ideas vol. 5
Thread: DMC 601
Fabric: 32 ct Belfast Zweigart
Finished: technically a day! (but in my case a day +)


I also bought some other goodies while at the craft store: some fabric and buttons!


I was looking for some cute buttons for my biscornu and came away with the heart buttons that I did use for the biscornu along with an assortment of pink buttons and really COOL British themed ones!! You know I was going to buy those when I saw them, didn't you?! They have one of the Underground logo! Mind the Gap!! LOL

As much as I liked stitching up the design, the actual finishing of the biscornu was a bit hectic! Since this one is a tiny biscornu, I had trouble with the whip stitching and getting the edges to form.....LOL I should have read the directions I got online for finishing! You are supposed to cut the fabric closer to the backstitching when you come to the corners if your biscornu is small!!!!

Now on to the fabrics!


I didn't get this one at Joann's. I bought this at Wal-mart last week! I was so busy that I didn't have time to post about it O__o" But isn't it lovely?! I thought my aunt would like this toile since it has a farm design! Possible pillows in the future?


I couldn't resist this gorgeous Easter egg fabric at Joann's. Sadly, I have nothing stitched up for Easter this year, but I'll find something to use it for next year ;)

This morning I also ran by my local Barnes and Noble to look for the new Somerset Marie magazine, but they didn't have it :**( Luckily, one of booksellers looked it up for me and said he could probably order it into the store since it was in their system. He said that people would definitely buy the magazine if they got it!!! Woohoo! I'll keep my fingers crossed that he can order that mag!

In other news, my family and I worked in our garden today and got everything planted. We have tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, onions (yellow and green), sweet corn, Blue lake green beans, cauliflower, carrots, pumpkins, and cantaloupes. I'll have to take some pictures of everything once we get some results! The only things growing right now are the cauliflower, cabbage, onions, and my sister's tomatoes! (I think she's been secretly singing them show tunes because they are huge!)

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment