Saturday, April 25, 2009

Floss tag finish!

Well, I just finished my first floss tag!


Design: Flower design from Stitch Ideas vol. 5
Thread: DMC 601
Fabric: 32 ct Belfast Zweigart
Finished: 4/19/09 (stitching) 4/25/09 (finishing)


The opposite side of the floss tag has my friend's initials on it, 'AW.'

I have a question for my cross stitch readers! I was having such a hard time whip-stitching around the corners. I had trimmed the corners according to the directions I had, but it didn't really help. The corners had too much fabric to whipstitch comfortably. LOL So I trimmed some more....then I had fraying edges. Good grief.

Does anyone have some advice for stitching the corners on floss tags? I think perhaps I stitched too small of a design for a floss tag....the same thing happened with the edges on my mini-biscornu!?!?

LOL I will have to tell my friend that the floss tag was a first attempt. And the biscornu was the first tiny one I've finished ^___^

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment