Monday, April 20, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

Hi, everyone! Sorry for not posting in a while. I had all intentions of posting over the weekend, but I was busy with yard work and housework. Not to worry, it wasn't all work and no play. My aunt and I went to the antique show on Saturday; my sister went with one of her friends. I bought some new brooches and my aunt found an beautiful four-way locket brooch, which is perfect for pictures of her kids and granddaughter :)

I stitched for a little bit yesterday and then did some cleaning and went back to the stitching. I was going to start on one of the designs in the Les Samplers en rouge et blanc book, but I was disappointed with the look of my stitches on 32 count fabric when the design in the book was on 18 ct. I might have to wait until I can purchase some 18 ct fabric! So instead of starting that adorable bunny design, I went with a small stitching project. I am using one of the designs in Stitch Idees to make a floss ring tag. I've never finished a project like that before so it should be fun! I was hoping to finish it up last night, but I didn't have any interfacing or batting so I'll have to wait until the weekend to get back to it O_o"

In other news, I read some more of Rosaline....yes, I know it's taking me forever when it really shouldn't! I only have a little bit more to read and I'll be finished. I think I might be able to get some reading in tonight since it isn't AI night!

Until next time! (Hopefully, I'll have some photos of the brooches to share!)

P.S. Guess what's happening this weekend? The Friends of the Library group in Mobile is having a book sale to benefit the MPL!!! Woohoo! You know my family and I will be there! Nothing like browsing secondhand books ^____^

1 comment:

  1. Always nice to read one of your posts. It's funny how life can "interfere" with blogging. I love second hand book sales. You must tell what you found!

    ReplyDelete