Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Young Victoria


Period drama loveliness!

Why, oh why, does the U.S. have to be the last for every good period drama film? I’ll tell you why, because the UK produces a mass majority of them so they always come out there first and sadly, we get them on DVD unless they feature a cast of Hollywood stars like Pride & Prejudice in 2005.

I saw a trailer for The Young Victoria and I desperately want to see it, but the official website does not give a release date for the U.S. It makes me wonder if they are going to release it to DVD here and bypass the whole idea of releasing it in theaters. (sigh)


Emily Blunt (The Jane Austen Book Club) plays Queen Victoria.


Prince Albert is played by Rupert Friend (Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Wickham).

Let all my fellow period drama lovers who read this blog cross their fingers and pray that we get this film in theaters. LOL My luck, it won’t even release in Mobile. (Egads!)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment