Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday finishing

This morning I went shopping at Hobby Lobby for polymer clay for a future project along with some to braid to finish my Amour design. In spite of new colors of braid, I still went with the burgundy-colored braid and pink pins.


Front of design


Backing fabric

What do you think? I wish I knew of some good online stores that sell different colors of braid. I see alot of crafters who have gorgeous types of braid for their finishing. Does anyone know of an online shop for Dritz pins? I love the pearlized pins, but I only see a few colors at my local craft stores.

Our weather is back to normal for winter. Right now, it is 50 degrees outside. LOL You would have never thought it snowed yesterday. Go figure!

I hope our neighbors to the East are staying safe and warm! Be careful on the roads this weekend! I think the snow would be a great excuse to stay inside and stitch ;)

Did anyone get a chance to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics last night? I thought it was beautiful. I loved watching the director's vision for Canada. I was especially blown away by the 2-D/3-D whales on the arena's floor. It's amazing what you can do with projectors!

Did you see the lovely clothing that the U.S. athletes were sporting? I loved the knitted caps, but my sister said they sold out and were taken off Ralph Lauren's website?!?! Wow! Maybe they will get more in stock!

Well, I'm off to either read more of Bewitching Season or stitch on my LHN design. LOL I can't decide which one to do ;)

Until next time ^____^

2 comments:

  1. Very nice finish, Rachel :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new finished project. So cute for Valentine's. A knitter has posted a pattern for the great Olympic hat. It is on Ravelry. Just love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete