Saturday, February 27, 2010

Browsing the stacks



As you can tell, I was quite busy this morning! Stopping by my LNS and then a used bookstore. I've read a few of Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series last year and was hoping to finish out the series. I found the rest of her series along with a couple of titles by Georgette Heyer while wandering the stacks. I had read Mrs. Heyer's Arabella last year and wasn't all that impressed with it. While I was at the bookstore, I decided to give her another try and came away with three of her books.

My only complaint about the used bookstore was the prices. Each of the Quinn novels were $4, which really isn't a good price on something that is clearly used with broken spines, yellowing pages, and shelf wear.

To continue my book geekiness, I ran by my local library to pick up a book on hold and found two reference books on 19th and 20th century British writers in their sales racks. Only $4 for both! Not bad at all!

Happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment