Sunday, October 23, 2011

A witch's broom






Design: Happy Broom Broom by Stitches N Stones
Fabric: 28ct glass blue Monaco linen
Threads: DMC 164, 310, 738, 740, 782, and 972
Start/Finish: 10/22-23/2011


I started this design last night using a scrap of glass blue linen. The design actually calls for hand-dyed threads so I used DMC colors from the Witchy Kitty design instead. I was hoping that this design would work with one of the pillow kits that I have in my stash, but the pillow is a light purple with stars and doesn't really go well with the colors I chose in the threads and linen. I'll have to put it in my 'to finish' stack and see if I run across another pillow kit with a good color for it in the future.

I'm off to do some more laundry (never seems to end).

Until next time ^___^

1 comment:

  1. LOL...I love that it says "Happy Broom Broom" hehe...reminds me of those macho men with the vroom vroom cars, making up for low self esteem...hehe Is it finished? The pumpkins look a little...how do I say this?...without faces...but what do I know...hehe

    ReplyDelete