Sunday, October 30, 2011

Harvest Cookies





Since tomorrow is Halloween I decided to bake cookies for my associates at work. This is the first time that I have tried to make harvest cookies and I had a lot of trouble with the recipe in terms of baking time and what amount to form into balls for baking.

The recipe called for 350 degrees and in the south that means automatically 25 degrees less. Baking time 8 to 10 minutes until the edges are golden color. I put them in for 9 minutes as a test batch, but they were still not golden. I ended up putting them in at 13 minutes to bake.

The other issue was the size to roll the dough balls. The recipe said either a small ice cream scoop or a teaspoon....................yes, I said a TEASPOON!

If you look in one of the pictures at the top of the post you will see my test batch of teaspoon sized balls of dough. O_o"

I shaped the dough using a cookie dropper, but didn't like how the cookies came out looking like drop cookies. I remembered that my aunt told me that I could use a small cup bottom dipped in flour to flattened the dough before baking. Viola! perfect cookies!

I'm sure my coworkers will have something to talk about with these cookies in their various shapes and sizes!

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment