Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fire burn and caldron bubble


Design: Witchy Kitty by Brittercup Designs
Fabric: 28ct tea Monaco linen by Charles Craft
Threads: DMC 164, 310, 535, 731, 740, 972, and 3746
Start/Finish: 10/2-5/2011


Thank you for the comments on my progress! I was able to finish the design this evening while watching part of The Lion King since it came out today on DVD :)

The pattern came out a bit bigger than what I figured. I think possibly from the type of linen/evenweave I used. I changed some of the colors in the design only because I didn't have some of the recommended DMC threads in my stash. You can't tell from the photo, but the liquid in the cauldron is a sea-form color. I also changed the design by filling the cauldron completely with the liquid color unlike the half-full cauldron in the original design.

I'm not sure how to 'finish' this design. If I don't think of something, it will go in my stitched patterns pile for the future >___<

Until next time ^_____^

1 comment:

  1. That is really cute. :) I like how you filled in the cauldron. :) I know what you should do with it! hehe You should make it into a tote bag to hold lots of goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete