Saturday, October 15, 2011

Weekend plans

Well, this morning I ran some errands around the town. I was in a mad search for a foam cube to finish my Witchy Kitty into a decoration for Halloween. Even though I searched Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Joann's Fabrics in town, I couldn't find the size cube that I needed. How disappointing!

So much for that having a fun activity for the weekend! I guess I will have to put my Witchy Kitty design into my 'to finish' pile for the future. I'll have to keep checking periodically at the craft stores from now on to see if they get the size I need in stock.

In others, I saw some great baking goodies at the craft stores and I really need to make an effort to go by those stores after Halloween and see if I can get some of them on sale. Joann's Fabrics had a really cute linzer cookie cutter in the shapes of bats and cats and Martha Stewart had some great cookie stencils for the holiday!

I also went by Sukoshicon for a little while this morning. I didn’t stay that long as they didn’t have a lot of activities that I was interested in. Their dealers’ room was horrible for the size of the venue that they chose this year to host the event.

I saw some great tables on the artist’s alley with cute Japanese themed pillows and cushions and an amazing display of Lolita hats! I was so tempted to purchase one of them that was British themed in red, white, and blue with a feather and British flag adorning it, but I didn’t have any cash on me and I wouldn’t have had a place to wear it anyway :*(

At least, I got some inspiration for items I can make in the future!

Until next time ^____^

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a frustrating and fun day :) What size and kind of foam block did you need? There is a scrapbook expo/convention coming up over here...should I go? hehe

    ReplyDelete