Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cat's paw (Not what you think!)

Good afternoon! It's been a productive weekend. My sister and I were doing yard work early yesterday morning. I mowed the yard and pulled up weeds while my sister used the week whacker to trim around the flowerbed edges, etc.

We decided to attack a large cat's paw vine that was growing like crazy in one of our larger azalea bushes on the side of the house.

Behold my victory scar!



Cat's paw isn't friendly at all because of their large thorns. The vines grow upwards and attach themselves to other trees and bushes. I've seen them grow upwards into tall oak trees and pine trees before.

I hadn't noticed that the scratch was that bad above my wrist until later in the day. I was telling my sister that I look like one of Burton's dolls! Well, at least it doesn't hurt; it's just very unsightly.

Until next time ^____^

1 comment:

  1. Can u post a pic of the cat's paw? Did u guys dig up the plant and re-plant it?

    ReplyDelete