Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Little Women - Loving and Faithful

(sigh) I didn't think this design would give me trouble again after the first time I attempted to stitch it (here).

I got all the way to the bottom of the design and was stitching the branches of the flowers when I noticed that I was a stitch off in my counting. I started to pull out my stitched branch and noticed that the thread color had bled onto the fabric. Well, I washed it....to no avail! I thought I would be okay with that...I would just use the top of the design as a finish and proceeded to pull out all the stitching at the bottom.


Problem area in lower right corner!!! Ugh!

Well, silly me. I got home from work this evening and finished stitching the green border on the side and decided to wash the piece before ironing it for a photo.

Silly, silly me! The brown threads in the other areas of the fabric bled! Great, just great!

What possessed me to wash the fabric?!


Design: Loving and Faithful by Little House Needleworks
Fabric: 28ct antique white
Threads: Crescent Colours
Start/Finish: 3/11-13/2012


Ugh! Don't you just hate it when something goes wrong with a project! Especially at the end of the project?! You can see the brown thread areas have bled onto the fabric in the photo.

My tip for the day: Always run dark color threads under water before using them to stitch to prevent bleeding thread colors.

Well, perhaps I will stitch this again one day :)

Until next time ^____^

1 comment: