Monday, January 2, 2012

Greenman




Design: Greenman pattern by Aimee Ray in Doodle Stitching
Fabric: cotton tote bag
Threads: DMC 704 and 905
Start/Finish: 12/31/2011


My first attempt at using an iron-on transfer! I received Doodle Stitching from my uncle for Christmas. I went through the book and found a pattern that I liked. I ended up printing it on iron-on transfer paper with the idea of decorating a tote bag that I had in my stash! The first picture shows you a better idea of the true color of the bag and the embroidery.

I could have used a split stitch for the pattern, but I opted for the trusty backstitch as the split stitch and I are not friends when it comes to uniform stitches! :P

What do you think? I would try my hand at using tracing paper to transfer patterns, but my skills at drawing are nil.....so I don't think my tracing would be good. LOL How sad is that?!

Until next time ^____^

1 comment:

  1. Wow...good job Bunny! It looks great! :) You should add a little silk leaf pin or green bow to one of the handles to dress it up. :) I would buy it. hehe

    ReplyDelete