Monday, January 2, 2012

A Bundle of Gifts

I thought I'd share my stash of goodies that I got for Christmas from my family ;)



This one was a surprise. My mother got my sister and I an art piece from a local ceramic artist in Mississippi named Alisa Holen. This piece is called Chopstix Bowl. The Ohr-O'Keefe Museum of Art in Biloxi, MS is hosting a trio of ceramic exhibitions and Ms. Holen is the curator of one of them. I'll have to find a place for this ceramic piece!



Lots and lots of books. I received a good majority of them from my sister as she knows I'm a bibliophile. The book on samplers and 19th century embroidery were from my aunt. Not pictured is Doodle Stitching by Aimee Ray that my uncle had gotten me. I was using the book for a project so I forgot to take a photo of it! O_o"



Movies! And not just in any movies....lots of Sherlock Holmes, fairy tales, vampires, and BBC drama! I am currently watching Shelley Duvall's Fairy Tale Theatre. I remember seeing a few of the episodes from this show when I was a kid. Do you remember when HBO/Showtime, etc. used to be free for a little while on TV as a preview to buy the channels? That's how I saw this show as a kid.

I've already seen Berkeley Square from BBC. I rented it from the library earlier this year. I was quite sad to see that they stopped producing the episodes on this show as it had a great plot. I'll definitely be watching these DVDs while cross stitching ;)

A Holmes' fan can't go wrong with more Sherlock movies! I'll be breaking those out soon ;)

Dark Shadows! My mother and I have recently started to watch the show as the Johnny Depp movie will be coming out later this year. We are currently on 63 of 1,225 episodes (yes, there are that many)! We've got a long way to go, but we are hooked on the show. (As evident by the two of us screaming at the screen when something doesn't go the way we thought it would in the episodes!) My mother said that she used to watch it as a kid in the 1960s. I had added it to my wish list for Christmas, but didn't realize that I had added the wrong set, which starts with episode 209.....O_o" Well, at least we'll have those to watch when we get that far ;)



Jewelry from my aunt and uncle. A bracelet and earring set and a set of earrings from Honora! The earrings are in various colors of pearl.



*SQUEAL* A knitted set from my aunt! Isn't it lovely! Perfect for chilly mornings and evenings in the South as you really don't need something too heavy (or itchy) to wear!



Close up of the beautiful variegated yarn that my aunt chose for me!



Socks for work! You can't forget the practical gifts! Socks are a must! Who would have ever thought I'd be happy to see socks in my Christmas stash!?! Also a set of travel-sized purses.



Some yummy smelling Philosophy pear shampoo!

Thanks for all the great gifts everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Nice Haul!!! They were really thoughtful gifts! So, jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel, that's gorgeous - what a great haul of gifts and goodies you've received. I bet you'd like to roll in them, lol, not literally of course, lol. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete