Sunday, January 29, 2012

French pincushion




Design: Initial 'A' from Dentelles de Roses by Reflets de Soie, JCS Jan/Feb 2012
Fabric: 32ct Cream Belfast Zweigart
Threads: DMC 304 and 815
Start/Finish: 1/1/2012
Finish as pincushion: 1/29/2012


This week I was searching the web for cute ideas for making one my cross stitch finishes into a pincushion. I ran across several tutorials for glass jar pincushions and thought I'd give it a try. I had some jars left over from my jam making adventure last year.

What do you think? The only downside is the fact that the lid does not screw all the way down because of the fabric's bulkiness. Otherwise, it's a fun way to finish a small cross stitch design.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Until next time ^____^

1 comment:

  1. That is really cute! I wonder what you could do so that the lid would close all the way.

    Keep on going!

    ReplyDelete