Monday, January 2, 2012

French 'A'




Design: Initial 'A' from Dentelles de Roses by Reflets de Soie, JCS Jan/Feb 2012
Fabric: 32ct Cream Belfast Zweigart
Threads: DMC 304 and 815
Start/Finish: 1/1/2012


My first stitching project of the year. It was a quick stitch since I only stitched the first letter from the pattern. I stitched it up last night while my mother and I were watching Dark Shadows.

It uses a specialty stitch, which took me a bit to maneuver at first, the spider web rose. The illustration in the magazine wasn't the clearest on how to position the long stitches to make a base for the rose so I did what I thought it looked like. The pattern actually calls for silk ribbon (which would be pretty), but I used DMC 304 thread instead for the rose.

The pattern comes from the January/February issue of Just Cross Stitch and it quite lovely. If I had the time, I would definitely stitch the entire thing.

Until next time ^____^

1 comment:

  1. wow pretty!! That would look good all by itself but then again, I am a little biased to the letter A...hehe You should make that into a key chain and sell it at your booth. :)

    ReplyDelete