Thursday, December 15, 2011

Little Mermaid



For ballet lovers and fairy tale lovers in my audience, the PBS Arts Fall Festival is airing the Little Mermaid ballet tomorrow at 9pm ET. The San Francisco Ballet under the direction of John Neumeier will be dancing Andersen’s story with a musical score by Lera Auerbach.

I remember seeing a ballet performance of The Little Mermaid as a child in elementary school. There were two things I would have loved to do as a child growing up, learn ballet and piano. As an adult, even though I didn’t get a chance to do either of those things, they are still things that I enjoy.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Aww...can't watch it on my TV, we don't get that channel.

    Funny thing is that as a child I learned ballet and piano but do not do it as an adult. Puberty stopped the ballet...hehe. And I am not good enough at the piano to play anything but Twinkle twinkle from memory...sad

    ReplyDelete