Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Decorations

Hi, everyone! I hope you guys had a lovely Thanksgiving with your loved ones. We had a good Thanksgiving with lots of yummy food and good company.

We decorated for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. I got up early and put up the tree and then waited to put on the ornaments and lights until later in the day. My family and I went to the Rock and Gem Show at the fairgrounds that afternoon. It was quite fun. I usually buy quite a few brooches while I'm there from a lady out of GA, but I didn't see anything that really caught my eye this time.

Here's a few pictures of our decorations once we finished putting everything up in our living room.



I put a white pitcher with some poinsettias, a basket with pillows, and a ornament jar on the chest of drawers in our living room.

The basket is the perfect size for small pillows. I found it at Hobby Lobby and thought it would be great to display my cross stitch pillows. When I went through my stash of pillows, I noticed that I only had THREE Christmas pillows?!?!?! What to do with the space at the end of the basket? Well, we had some extra floral picks in our Christmas decoration boxes so I cut those down and put them at the ends of the basket.

The plastic jar was actually a candy container that some one had given my mother last year as a gift. I saved it with the idea of using it as a Christmas decoration of some sort. I went to Joann's Fabrics and bought about $8 worth of mini ornaments and lined them up in the jar. Viola! a cute display :)



Our display on the mantel place. We haven't put up the wreath above the fireplace yet as it requires a large ladder and some fishing wire O_o"



Our Christmas tree with a few presents underneath. I wrapped a few of my gifts on the day after Thanksgiving and put them under the tree so it wouldn't look so lonely!



Our cat Bella. No, she isn't an ornament, but you might think she is! She's taken to sleeping under the tree on the skirt. She really wasn't a fan of my camera flashing at her to take this picture :)

Until next time ^____^

1 comment:

  1. Aww...Bella is just so adorable! Love the picture! It is so holiday spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete