Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Friendly Gathering

Hi! My friends and I got together this evening for our annual Christmas party. We exchanged gifts and had some fun conversations for several hours.

I took a few pictures of the gifts I received from my friends for Christmas.



From Candace: two artbooks, one on Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke and another on CLAMP's series X.

From Bonnie: a gorgeous teacup and saucer set for the month of June from the Victorian Trading Company. It has a beautiful rose design on it and the box is lined with satin fabric! She also bought me a chocolate brownie with peppermint icing that she had baked! Yummy :)

From Nicole: a cute Hello Kitty clip and some candy. It was boxed in a large pink Chinese takeout box! Cute ^___^

From Kristina: Hayao Miyazaki: Master of Japanese Animation book, a cross stitched bookmark with my name stitched in Japanese characters, and a tiny hot air balloon pin!



Steampunk, anyone? I love it. I'm definitely going to wear it to work tomorrow and show it off >___<

This year I got the following items for my friends:

For Candace: two books, Starting Point: 1979-1996 by Hayao Miyazaki and a cookbook of recipes for wok cooking

For Kristina: a Japanese language software CD, a cross stitch pattern of a Chinese girl, and a small water globe of a Japanese girl in a kimono.

For Bonnie: several manga books and an artbook. Unfortunately, she already had the artbook, but at least I bought it used in new condition so she'll be able to re-gift it to one of her friends :)

For Nicole: a gift card to Starbucks and some candy.

I had a lovely time with my friends. It is always fun to just sit down and chat about anything and everything.

Thanks for all the wonderful gifts and a great time!

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment