Sunday, December 11, 2011

I ♥ Japan





Good afternoon everyone! I've been doing some finishing and crafting this morning. I started off by adding a bit of applique to this canvas bag. I found the bag at Hobby Lobby for $2.50 and bought printable fusible web online for about $12.

Let me tell you that printable fusible web is tricky! It has a hard time printing correctly in a printer as the roller grabs it oddly because of the texture. Someone mentioned online that you should tape a normal sheet of paper to the other side of the fusible web paper and it will feed better. Hmm....I tried that and still had trouble. I'll have to see what other techniques are online for printable fusible web. Maybe you are suppose to use a long strip of tape on all sides of the papers?!

Anywho, I found a cute freebie for a heart popicle applique. I liked the heart design so much that I decided to use it instead of the whole thing. I chose some lovely Japanese flower fabric that I had in my stash to make the heart.

What do you think? Personally I love it! The bag is big enough for some library books or small enough to bring lunch and other goodies to work :) I'm not sure if I'll keep the bag.....it might end up as someone's Christmas gift!

Well, I'm off to enjoy what's left of the day. Reading while waiting between laundry loads. Fun times >___<

Until next time ^___^

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love Japanese fabric and paper. They always make them so beautifully. I love to have a collection of them just to look at, well stare at. :) So beautiful and inspirational.

    Love the tote, you definitely should keep it as it is your first. :) Give away or sell your second one. :)

    ReplyDelete