Sunday, June 3, 2012

Kawaii

Good afternoon! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful day with crafting or spending time with family, etc.

Today I decided to make a tote bag. I used a pink tote bag, iron-on transfer lettering in glittery blue, and iron-on crystals in a peacock color that I got half-off at Hobby Lobby.

Viola! Kawaii if I don't say so myself. Though I wish I knew the word for 'cute' in Korean because that would be more appropriate since it is a Korean pop music tote bag :P


The photo is cute dark, but the color is the same as the Tree Star tote bag I made last month!



I didn't have any dashes in the letter set for 'K-Pop'.....and now that I think about it, I could have just cut one of the letter 'I's in half. LOL Don't you just hate it when you think of something after the fact!?!?! Oh, well. I think it looks good all things considered.

It took me a while to make the tote bag. You wouldn't think so, but I had a hard time getting the lettering to stick to the fabric. I had to repeat and let the lettering cool several times before it finally stuck.

The same thing happened with the crystals. I was using a thin dishcloth, but that didn't work (even though the instructions said to use a thin cloth). I ended up using a thin layer of paper towels and that seemed to work a lot better with only a few of the crystals not sticking and needing more heat applied.

What are my plans for the rest of the day? I think I'll probably cross stitch a bit and see if I can make enough progress to post about ;)

Until next time ^_____^

No comments:

Post a Comment