Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Birthday fun!

Good morning! I thought I'd post some more birthday goodies today. My friend Kristina's birthday (another fellow 30 year old!) was on Saturday and since both our birthdays are so close, our friends celebrate them together.

This year we went by our friend Candace's house to celebrate. We ripped through wrapping paper for our gifts (or at least I ripped through them!) before we had Chinese food and watched an anime movie called Red Line.

First off:



From Bonnie I received a manga that I had on my wishlist. I used to collect quite a few series when I was in undergrad, but after being in England for a year, I got out of the habit because I didn't want to lug everything back with me to the US! So now I'm down to maybe three or four series that I actively collect. I also love to collect illustrated adaptations of literary classics.

She also got me a lovely puzzle of an English village!



Candace also got me two things from my wishlist, The Jane Austen Cookbook and The Inheritance DVD. I can't wait to look through the book! Have any of you tried any of the recipes in the book? The DVD is a film adaptation of Louisa May Alcott's book The Inheritance. Do you remember when the book came out several years ago? It was quite good ;)



Lots of goodies from Kristina!~ A star ice cube mold (perfect for resin work!), Once Upon A Time collection of fairy tales, a Hello Kitty keychain and notepad, and a book of Chinese Mother Goose Rhymes.

As a lot of you know, I love to collect fairy tale books especially vintage or antique ones. Kristina found this collection of Chinese Mother Goose Rhymes while she was on one of her trips for her archiving job. Each page it read vertically with an illustration and English text in the center and the Chinese characters running down the page on either side.

In my wrapping frenzy of Kristina's gifts, I forgot to take a picture of them! Silly me! But I got her a cross stitch magazine (the same one that Amanda sent me!), a Japanese language learning CD, a Russian nesting doll of a Japanese geisha, a black ceramic good luck kitty, and the K-Pop tote bag that I had made. My friend Amanda gave her one of the cute amigurumi fortune cookies, the pale pink one, as a gift ;)

As if gifts, yummy food, and movies weren't enough, Kristina wanted to go bowling for her birthday. She was hoping to go midnight bowling, but with work looming at 6am, we decided to go bowling for a couple of hours.



Do you love our shoes? LOL We had finished putting our shoes and I looked down and thought what a great photo it would make so we all got in a circle for a photo ;) Talk about Ronald shoes for sure!

We had so much fun goofy off and bowling that we will definitely have to do it again, but for the midnight bowling, which is a better deal for the price!!

Thanks for the great birthday celebration!

1 comment:

  1. LOL...I wonder what the Chinese fairy tale book is like. I would love to see what my mom thinks of it. Is it Chinese fairy tales or translation of American ones?

    ReplyDelete