Sunday, June 10, 2012

Charms

Good evening! It has been raining cats and dogs here for several days now. I won't complain too much though as we have been needing some rain for a while.

This morning I thought I'd have some fun with polymer clay. I've been watching tutorials online all week, marveling at all the wonderful things you can make from clay ;)

Here are my first attempts:



I was a bit too enthusiastic when I was twisting and rolling the layers together on this lollipop O_o"



I was going to make a rainbow layered cake, but I decided to go with red cake layers instead since I already had one layer of red cut out. I definitely needed to needle the red layers to give them more texture next time.

All in all, I had fun with this charms. It was a great way to spend a rainy morning.

I had picked up a lot of different colors last year for a project that never panned out so I didn't have to buy much else, but the sculpting tools, etc.

A good many of my clay packs are Premo brand, which I like a lot better than Sculptey even though they are made by the same company. The Premo brand is easy to use straight out of the package, while Sculptey takes a lot of conditioning to make it workable for sculpting.

I might play with some more clay next weekend. I'll have to run by Michael's and pick up some Sculptey gloss glaze and some Premo white clay.

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment