Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Big One!

This week I celebrated my 30th birthday! Say Woot! Yes, indeed.



My coworkers apparently couldn't resist doing something for my birthday even though I said it wasn't necessary. I received a box of orange chocolates from my coworker in my office and then a card (with a creepy clown inside!) and a pack of crackers from my other coworker in another office. LOL She said she was being cheap so I got one of her packs of crackers as a present :P

After work, my family and I went out to eat at Cracker Barrel for dinner and then headed home to destroy wrapping paper! Sweet ;)



I think the cards are the best part, especially when you have such a range of card buyers. My mom and aunt always buy the heartfelt, warm and fuzzy ones, while my sister always goes for the horribly funny ones. Her card this year made note that she was thankful that I planted the redwood trees! LOL Thanks a lot ;)

My mighty haul of books/DVDs!


An assortment of books!


Amigurumi books ;)


Embroidery history and polymer clay and felt craft books!


Fairy tales: two more Andrew Lang books to add to my collection (I can't afford the lovely set from Easton press!) and a set of Hans Christian Anderson's animated fairy tales!


It wouldn't be a celebration without some Sherlock Holmes....


And a bunny!

My aunt got me this cute little ceramic bunny. He is perfect because I have a tinier one on my bookshelf. They are rather cute together because they look like they are telling gossip. I think the gossip must be that I'm thirty ;) Not pictured is a really cute coffee mug that says 'Thirty Flirty!'


Birthday cake from Marble Slab Creamery! Yum!

Do you love the cake? I didn't think I was going to have any cake. I made the mistake of going in the kitchen to get something to drink out of the fridge and I didn't see any cake in there. No, really, I swear that I wasn't checking out the fridge to see if there was cake! But I was thinking to myself that I was glad we didn't have a cake because we ate so much at the restaurant.

Later on after I finished opening presents and was talking to my aunt, I could hear my sister and mom giggling like mad in the kitchen. They came into the living room bearing this cake. I could hardly blow out the candles because I started laughing over the candle in the middle, I was like, "Is that a question mark?!"

They said they couldn't find a number 3 candle and saw the question mark and thought it would be perfect. And I must say that it is perfect ;)

Thanks everyone for making my Big One special >____<

Until next time ^____^

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthay :)!! You got some really nice gifts and the cake looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! I love the "?" candle hehe. Looks like you made out this year!!! I hope the upcoming year is filled with lots of crafting from all those books! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol glad i didnt get the dvds and books when i saw them! you would have had doubles! glad your birthday was so awesome!

    ReplyDelete