Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hanging Charms

Good morning....soon to be afternoon! Yes, you read that correctly, hanging charms. While I was at Michael's yesterday I saw something in the cake section that would make a good hanging apparatus for my charms so I had to get it.



It is actually suppose to be used for hanging gum paste flowers when making cakes, but it works so well with my charms while they are drying from applications of clay gloss or acrylic paint ;)

This morning I made the following charms:

2 onigiri
2 boba tea drinks
1 bunny sushi

I've been watching video tutorials online. I saw a cute one on making a cat sushi using cold porcelain and thought how awesome it would be to make one out of polymer clay, but making it a bunny instead ;)

I love boba tea (i.e. bubble tea) so I had to make a few of those charms! It's a darn shame that we don't have a shop that sells boba tea here! I always have to drink my fill of it when I go out to CA to visit Amanda. She would be sad if I said it was the only reason I came out to CA.....she knows that isn't true, but it is a plus ;)

Right now, my charms are drying and I still need to add a coat of polymer gloss so it will be a while before I take photos of them completed.

I hope you are enjoying the day with your family on this Father's Day!

Until next time ^____^

1 comment: