Sunday, August 7, 2011

Antiques

Hi! My family and I went to Pensacola yesterday to the annual Looking Glass Show at the fairgrounds. I came away with several non-glass goodies and my mother bought a beautiful pale blue Fire King glass roaster.



A lovely green flower filigree brooch. I will have to wear some light colored sweaters or shirts to wear this brooch to work as I usually wear grays, blues, or blacks. I love the delicate look to this brooch and it isn't overpowering in the size either.



Your basic heart shaped brooch. I don't think I have any heart shaped brooches in my collection so I picked this one up at the show. It is perfect as an everyday brooch or something simple to wear on Valentine's Day. It has a fun shape to as well :)



A maple leaf brooch to add to my Fall themed brooches and it is also an older one with a C-clasp on the back, which I love to collect as well.



My last purchase of the day. One of the booths at the show had a majority of glassware, but also a small section devoted to kitchen gadgets. I picked up this tomato slicer made by Tomado in Holland, a company in the 1950s. I can't wait to use this little gadget as my family loves tomatoes!

This morning I have been baking. We stopped by Barnes and Noble yesterday and I purchased a BH&G magazine on fall baking! I am trying their cranberry-orange loaf recipe this morning.

I am also going to try my hand at making a mixed berry jelly recipe that I found in one my sister's old issues of Rachael Ray's magazine. Wish me luck!

Until next time ^____^

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful brooches!! Girl! How many do you have now? hehe That is usually my color pallet too, black, grey, and blue, but I've been trying to add pink and red to it. :) I have a little dark purple and emerald green too. :) Take a pic of you wearing the brooches. :) Can't have enough pictures of you. :)

    ReplyDelete