Saturday, October 3, 2009

Too cute!

Hi, everyone! I'm sure you're wondering why I haven't posted any cross-stitch pics lately. Well, I've been quite busy with work and lacked the energy to do anything when I got home at night.

Fortunately, my work load is normal again until December so I was able to finish this little cute design today!


Design: Pumpkin by Prairie Schooler 'Trick or Treat' Designer Series
Threads: DMC 436, 520, and 921
Fabric: 28ct antique white Zweigart
Start/Finished: 9/29/2009 and 10/03/2009


I decided to use the great tutorial on Yuko's blog to make a needleminder from this small design.


Backing fabric for the design!


Orange gingham ribbon around the edges!

This is my first attempt at a needleminder and Yuko's tutorial was easy. I didn't have any double-sided tape so I used some fabric glue around the edges.

Hopefully, I'll be able to make more needleminders in the future. I think they would make great gifts to my fellow family members and friends who stitch.

In other news, we are enjoying some fall weather on the Gulf Coast. We had cooler temps earlier in the week, but now it's warming back up to the 80s during the day. At least, the nights are still cool.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Love the little pumpkin needle minder. It turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete