Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Puppy Pincushion

Design: Puppy, Unknown Designer
Fabric: 32ct Belfast cream Zweigart
Thread: DMC 167
Notions: small red heart buttons
Start/Finish: 12/26-27/2012
Finish as pincushion: 12/27/2012

So I had made all my friends in our anime group a scissors fob from the Kokeshi doll designs as part of their Christmas gift bag, but I had an extra friend to make something for. I didn't want to make another doll as I didn't want to waste time trying to experiment with different thread colors, etc. to make it look different from the other three designs so I looked online for a freebie beagle design. My friend Nicole LOVES beagles. Looking online, I couldn't find anything that was small enough for a fob finish. So I found a design for a dalmatian puppy and thought I could change it a bit to make a beagle. And viola! here's what I came up with.

Sadly, the design still came out a little too large for a scissor fob finish, but I decided to make it into a pincushion. I added Polyfil stuffing and some doll pellets to give it some weight.

I'm glad she liked my last minute stitching effort!!!

Until next time ^_____^

No comments:

Post a Comment