Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Family Christmas

Hi, everyone! Did you have a good Christmas? I know we did despite our lack of a Christmas tree this year. We spend Christmas morning over at our aunt's house to exchange gifts and later that evening had Christmas dinner.


Be forewarned, lots of geekiness ahead!


I received several DVDs this year including the PBS adaptation of Edwin Drood, Dumas' Camille starring a very young Colin Firth, Victoria and Albert, and one of my favorite 1980s series Beauty and the Beast. I used to rent it from the library all the time before they added rental fees to the TV series. (sigh) So I'm glad to have the set. I'll definitely be watching it while cross stitching ;)


My aunt bought me two books that I haven't read before (Middlemarch and Gulliver's Travels) to start my collection of Penguin Classics designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith. I would love to collect all of her designer books. Each book's cover has something to do with the theme of the book, etc. What a geeky and fun idea!


Also from my aunt were these lovely crafting supplies! Don't you love the wooden bunny thread holder?!?!? It's adorable. She also got me a sewing set with a pair of embroidery scissors, thimble, and measuring tape.


An assortment of gift cards to Starbucks, BAMM, and Fandango! They know me too well! My sister bought me several brooches earlier in November when we went to the Mobile Rock and Gem show. So they weren't surprises, but I love them anyway! I'll have to take closer pictures of them for another post on those additions to my collection ;)

My aunt bought both my sister and I a set of 'lucky coin' jewelry that are made from sixpence. So I have a set of leverback earrings and a pendant, which I'm going to attach to a cell phone lanyard for my phone ;)

Not pictured is a book that my mom got me called Super Cute Felt. I've got my eyes on several of the patterns in it already ;)


My aunt also got me some pajama tops and something super special! A Big Shot machine! I've already bought some diecuts for it!

Thanks everyone for the wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment