Monday, January 18, 2010

Stitching mania (Updated)

Hi, everyone! With a three-day weekend I was able to get a lot accomplished on my WIP 4 Saisons in between laundry and house cleaning.


Stitching: January 16-18, 2010

As you can see I'm almost finished with Block 2. I think I might be able to get this block done by the upcoming weekend when I start stitching on it again.



You may have noticed that there is quite a large tree in the middle that I haven't started yet. I plan on stitching the tree at the very end once I have all the surrounding blocks completed.

At the moment, I have no other stitching projects started as I want to get Block 2 finished before starting something new. I do have my eye on several charts that I would like to purchase soon!

In other news, I went by my local Abba Temple to an antique show on Saturday. I didn't see anything that really caught my attention, but it was nice to browse.

I've finished The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes and The Return of Sherlock Holmes with the 'death' of Holmes and his return in the Case of the Empty House. I was able to check out a 1930s copy of the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes stories. I hope to start the novels and other case files after finishing Mairelon the Magician by Patricia Wrede.

~Recap for January~

Stitching: WIP 4 Saisons

Finished reading:
1. Steampunk by Ann VanderMeer
2. Hana Kimi manga volumes 1-23 by Hisaya Nakajo
3. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
4. Spice and Wolf by Isuna Hasekura
5. The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
6. The Return of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
7. Mairelon the Magician by Patricia Wrede

Currently reading:

1. A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle - the first novel in which Sherlock Holmes is introduced to readers in 1887. Not the first detective-type in the literary world since Inspector Bucket in Charles Dickens' Bleak House claims that role, but still a clever one!

Until next time!! Happy reading/stitching!

2 comments:

  1. It's taking shape and looking good! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,

    (be lated) Happy new year to you.
    Oh, I love the red stitch, and you picked up lovely design. Look forward to see progress.

    Sagami

    ReplyDelete