Monday, August 31, 2009

Oct 31 – Halloween ornament

Hi! What a busy weekend! I hardly had time to stitch with everything going on, but I managed to finish the Oct 31 design by Glory Bee yesterday. I saw the pattern in the newest issue of JCS when I was at the bookstore on Saturday and I knew I had to stitch it :) With a frantic run to my LNS, I bought the required Gentle Art Sampler threads that I could find and substituted DMC for the others.


Design: Oct 31 by Glory Bee in JCS Sept 2009 issue
Threads: Crescent Colors and DMC 937 and 3820
Fabric: 32ct lambswool linen Wichelt
Start/Finished: 8/30-31/2009



Backing fabric of the pillow-ornament.

What do you think? No, unfortunately, I didn’t stitch the pillow together. I still need some practice with the sewing machine before I can feel confident enough to attempt sewing on one of my cross stitch patterns!! O_o”

One of my aunts stitched up this pillow on my grandmother’s old Montgomery Ward sewing machine. She also blind stitched the opening after I had filled it with some stuffing. At least now I know how to thread a needle on the sewing machine and do a blind stitch. I think I’ll take some fabric scraps and practice sewing this weekend.

The last time I sewed was in home economics in 7th grade……in a galaxy far, far away! We were suppose to make ‘name’ pillows, but we only had enough sewing machines and time to stitch up one pillow. I think I have my ‘R’ initial pillow somewhere….I wouldn’t doubt it if I had stuffed it away in the attic as a horrible attempt to sew. I was always afraid I was going to sew over my fingers or something during that home economics class!!!

Maybe now that I’m older, I won’t dread the sewing machine anymore. I just have to remember to be patient with my sewing >___<

I’m off to start another Halloween design for my SAL. I think I’ll make the next design into a pinkeep.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment