Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bunny Tree

Hi! I started a super cute Christmas design yesterday! I got to finish it up today after coming home from running some errands.


Design: 'Bunny Tree' from Stitch Ideas Vol. 7
Threads: DMC 743,801,816,and 895
Fabric: 25ct Lugana Antique White by Zweigart
Start/Finished: 8/21-22/2009


Isn't it adorable? I changed the colors from the original design. The words were originally brown like the little bunnies, but I thought it would cuter with green words along with the red hearts! I don't know the design's official name, I'm just calling it the bunny tree ;) If you don't know, Stitch Ideas is a Japanese cross-stitch and embroidery magazine! They always have the neatest designs and finishes! *drool*

In other news today, I went by All Strung Out to see their cross-stitch selection and came away with some goodies >___<



I got some 28ct cashel cream-colored fabric. I think it will be great with the Little House Needleworks design that I want to start. I think it will look better than the natural-color linen that I had gotten originally for the design.

I also picked up Mirabilia Athena, Goddess of Wisdom pattern! It's a gift for a friend. I also found an old pattern from The Cricket Collection, #73. I'll probably stitch it up eventually for a friend as a Christmas gift or a future b-day gift.

As glad as I am about having a store that offers cross stitch materials, I was a bit disappointed with the selection of patterns. There were a lot of older patterns at the store, but nothing new. I still might order my patterns online, but at least I'll have a local place to go to get my threads when I need something special. I won't complain too much, I'm sure that the store will get better with suggestions and thoughts from their customers!

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. You bunny tree is just too cute!
    You'll have to bring over your shopping finds when you have a minute.

    ReplyDelete