Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Egads! Another one!

Hi, everyone ;) I got another Christmas ornament started and finished today. It's a cute snowman freebie from Prairie Schooler.


Design: Snowman freebie by Prairie Schooler
Threads: DMC 310, 816, 895, and 5200
Fabric: 32 ct lambswool linen by Wichelt-Permin
Start/Finished: 8/19/2009


I made a few changes in the colors of the snowman from the original design, but I like how it turned out. I haven't decided on how to finish this ornament. I might go by Hobby Lobby this weekend and get another Christmas photo-ornament and finish it in one of those or I might think of something else ;)

In other news, I was looking online at All Strung Out, a knitting/needlework shop in Mobile and they are now carrying cross stitch patterns, etc. Apparently, Ami's Needleworks in Foley has closed down and All Strung Out bought the entire inventory! I can't wait to see what they will have in stock now. I have been to the store once, but they only had needlepoint threads and yarn at the time.

Another tidbit, it seems that I have broken the other camera! Egads! It looks like I'll have to cough up the money to purchase another one O_o" It was working fine yesterday. I think when I put it in my bag this morning, I must have bumped it against a table and broke it! All it does when you press the 'on' button is whirl and the shutter opens and then randomly snaps a picture and promptly closes! (sigh) Well, this will definitely teach me to get back in the old habit of putting the camera in its case before I take it out of the house!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment