Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A must-read for 2010!

How many of you have read Elizabeth Kostova’s The Historian? I picked up the book while I was in England and needed something to read other than my coursework on the train back and forth to London. I remember that I bought it in one of the thrift stores in Egham for 25p (50 cents). It was by far the best 25p I’ve ever spent! If you haven’t read The Historian, shame on you, especially if you like vampire, history, or thrillers.

I was browsing Amazon yesterday and noticed that Mrs. Kostova has a new book coming out on January 12, 2010 called The Swan Thieves, which revolves around a psychiatrist who paints as a hobby. His life is changed after being assigned a patient (also an artist) who attacked a painting in the National Gallery of Art.



>___< I can’t wait! (Sigh) I’m convinced that I should have been a bookstore owner or something like that than maybe I could get advance copies of books to read and promote! That would be heavenly….in a book geek sort of way!

No comments:

Post a Comment