Sunday, July 27, 2008

Silky goodness!

Yesterday, my aunt and I were lucky enough to get across the bay to Pensacola to one of our favorite needlework shops, Needle Delights.

It was the last day of their 20% off sale so I went a bit crazy, but in my defense some of the items, when I get them stitched up, are potential Christmas gifts ;)


This pic doesn't do any justice to the Belle Soie threads O_o"

I got several JBW Designs that I hadn't bought yet from Needle Delights. I didn't see 'A Very Merry Spring' at the store so I don't know where I'm going to get it because it wasn't available through Merchant mall ^-^"

I also bought Lizzie Kate's 'Fall Squared' and LHN's 'Schoolgirl Lessons.' And my first batch of Belle Soie threads!!!!

Oh, my goodness!! They are lovely. I bought them for a design that I'm making for Christmas. I bought Cranberry, Collard Greens, Noir, and Vanilla Pudding. When I got them, I couldn't stop touching them. They are so soft! I started my pattern last night using the Noir threads. (sigh) How can you go back to DMC after working with such soft threads?!? LOL I can answer my own question, expense! The Belle Soie threads are worth it though ;)

My design called for 40ct vintage river willow linen by Lakeside, but they didn't have that color at the store. But the staff at Needle Delights was very helpful by showing me alternative colors to go with the threads :) I ended up getting 32 ct platinum linen at their recommendation. I decided on 32 ct because I'm used to working on that count and I've heard that the higher the thread count, the worse it gets for your eyes. LOL I'd like to save mine for as long as possible. I'm already wearing glasses on a daily basis anyway!

The two JBW Designs of the Sweet Nothings line at the bottom of the photo were two charts that I bid for on eBay. 'Five Little Pumpkins' and 'Smiling Jack-o-Lanterns' are two of the cutest designs I've seen in her Sweet Nothings line. I can't wait to start them ;) It's a shame that most of her earlier designs are out of print!! I wish JBW Designs would publish a book with all her out of print designs, I would buy it in a heartbeat!

(sigh) I still haven't received the patterns I ordered in the mail. The lady at Needle Delights said that the mail has been crazy lately, especially since she sends every package by priority mail. She was telling my aunt and I that a package to Panama City was taking a week to get there! Yes, I would definitely say something was going on with the postal service!!

Well, maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow and it comes in the mail ;)

Have a great Sunday! Happy stitching ^__^

1 comment:

  1. Good embroidery thread is like good knitting yarn. Once you use the really good stuff, it's really hard to go back to the mediocre!
    It's okay though. You will enjoy your craft that much more Bunny!

    ReplyDelete