Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ah, autumn and apples!

My favorite time of year is the autumn so the latest Cross-Stitch and Needlework magazine was a must-have!



I haven't started on any of the projects in this issue yet. But I hope to start Nora Corbett's 'Halloween Fairy' design in the future. I just need to make a trip to Pensacola to get the required fabric, threads, and Mill Hill beads. Even if you don't care much for autumn designs, the Nora Corbett design is well worth it for fans of her artwork!!

Earlier this week I went by Hobby Lobby with the intention of buying some more 28 ct Cashel antique white Zweigart and was pleasantly surprised with the decor of the store. Lovely orange pumpkins, scarecrows, and fall-leaf garlands. They have put out all of their autumn ceramics, garlands, and other fun items. (sigh) Love it.

The autumn always reminds me of school. I went by Target last week and they had started to put out all of the school supplies. My geeky heart longed to go back to school just to buy some cute folders, pens, and a new book bag ;)

With the spirit of autumn in mind, I started a new cross stitch project. The JBW design 'French Country III - Apple.'


Design: JBW Designs, 'French Country III - Apple'
Thread: DMC 4210, variegated
Fabric: 28 ct Cashel antique white Zweigart
Finished: 7/15/08 and 7/17/08


I must say that after using a variegated thread for the first time, I love it!! I will definitely use them on other designs. I love the DMC 4210 for the apple design. I picked it up at the store because it reminded me of apples when they start to get old with colors ranging from a ripe red to a deep red ;)

LOL I was so proud of my first attempt at variegated threads that I showed my aunt the apple design. We were debating on how to finish it and we decided that it would look great in a frame ;) We might go to Pensacola in the future to see what types of frames Needle Delights have in stock since they have remodeled their store to include a framing section!

I ordered some more JBW designs from them early this week so I can't wait to get started on some more autumn designs such as the 'French Country IV - Pumpkin' and 'Autumn Harvest.'

Thanks for visiting! Happy stitching ^___^

1 comment:

  1. Would love to borrow the new cross stitch magazine Bunny for a look see! P.S. Autumn is my favorite time of year and always has been. No you're not geeky for liking to look at the school stuff. I still gravitate to the school stuff. How many years ago? I can remember, but won't say. Don't want to give away the age. We will have to plan a road trip sometime in the near future.

    ReplyDelete