Thursday, July 3, 2008

'Happiest of Holidays' stitching finished!

I've been stitching since 11:30am and finally finished stitching 'Happiest of Holidays' at 3:20pm. I did have a break for lunch and I went outside to give our dog, Sam, some cold water and food :) He was good for once and didn't jump on me like crazy ;)

I took a few pictures of my stitched piece. I'm convinced that I need to start taking my photos outside so I can get the right lighting for my pieces. Linen seems (at least for me) to be quite tricky to take pics of!!!




Design: Sue Hillis, 'Happiest of Holidays'
Fabric: 25 ct white Lugana Zweigart
Thread: DMC 321, 'over one'
Finished: 6/26/08 and 7/3/08


This ornament does call for Weeks Dye Works thread, but since I'm not near a needlework shop I went with the option of DMC 321. I think this design would be quite easy to use a variegated thread on since it is 'over one' and on 25 ct linen. I should have tried it, but I only had a skein of Caron Wildflower that was red and green...which I didn't think would look right on this design.

Thanks for visiting :) Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment