Wednesday, July 2, 2008

One ornament almost finished :)

In November or December, I had bought the Just Cross Stitch 2007 Christmas Ornament issue. I stitched up the Twisted Oaks design 'Santa in the Moon' in a day, but didn't finish it. Tonight I thought....well, I've got the time so why not add the beads. It didn't take me too long to do though I need to work on my bead technique since it is all new to me....those beads can be devilish!!

Now I just need to pick out a fabric for the backing and I can sew it as a pillow ornament!!

Here's some pictures of my finish so far. Yet again, I apologize for the quality of my photos; they don't do the ornament or fabrics much justice (O _ o)"






Design: Twisted Oaks, 'Santa in the Moon'
Fabric: 32 ct white linen
Finished: ?? One day in December
Thread: DMC 498 w/Mill Hill beads 00479 white


The last picture is of the ornament with a sampling of the various Christmas fabrics I picked up at Hobby Lobby, Joanne's Fabrics, and Hancock's after the holidays were over. I don't know which one I want to use for the backing...though I really love the glittery snowflakes on the blue fabric. I don't know if it suits the 'Santa in the Moon' theme?! Hmm...

Hopefully if all goes as planned tomorrow, I will work on the 'Happiest of Holidays' and possibly have it completely stitched up :) Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks for reading my blog! Happy stitching ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment