Saturday, July 5, 2008

A rabbit and lovely antiques :)

Yesterday I decided to take a break from stitching Christmas ornaments and dug through my stash. I remembered that I had bought two of JBW Designs' 'French Country I - Rabbit' and 'French Country - Amour.' I decided on the rabbit design since my nickname is 'Bunny' and it is my blog's name as well.

After work yesterday I went by Joann's Fabrics to look for some nice DMC thread for my rabbit design. I got DMC 3350 as the optional color since I didn't have any of the other threads that were recommended. DMC 3350 is called 'dusty rose' and I thought it went well with the color linen I was using from my stash.

This design is suppose to be made into a pillow...but I haven't progressed to that yet :) I did buy some fabric at Joann's and Wal-mart yesterday.....LOL now I just have to decide on one of them! ^__^"


Design: JBW Designs, 'French Country I - Rabbit'
Thread: DMC 3350
Fabric: 28 ct Cashel antique white Zweigart
Finished: 7/4/08 and 7/5/08


I worked on this design a bit last night after I had cut my piece of linen and fray checked it. I had to take out most of my stitching because I accidently 'counted' the stitches wrong. (sigh) I hate it when that happens. I woke up early this morning and stiched on it a bit before deciding to go to my local antique store to check out a porcelain 'bunny' that my aunt thought I might like. It was cute, but it just wasn't for me. I'll have to keep my eyes out for a nice bunny in the future. While I was at the Antiques at the Loop I found something I couldn't live without!!! I'm sure some of you have guessed what it is....



Yes....a book, but not just any book!! Frances Hodgson Burnett's The Shuttle from 1907. It was only $12....so I grabbed it of course :) I try to collect her books when I find them. I figured that $12 was cheaper than trying to order the same book through a bookstore since even a paperback version of the book is about $20 because they don't publish it that often ^-^"

I don't know what I'll work on next....maybe my WIP '4 Seasons' by Anagram Diffusions. I got the pattern for Christmas! I like how it's turning out so far. I'll have to post a picture of it sometime this week.

I might just work on something else, but who knows....maybe not since I don't have a nice varieties of linens. The next time I'm in Pensacola, I'll have to make a stop at Needle Delights and pick up a variety of different counts of linen since Hobby Lobby is good for everything but linen selections.

I hope that everyone is having a safe "Independence Day' weekend in the States and a safe weekend everywhere else in the world :) Thanks for visiting and happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. The bunny turned out so cute! I love these designs. I need to catch up with my knitting so I can, at least, make my rooster.

    ReplyDelete