Wednesday, July 9, 2008

(sigh) Stitching....the bad and then the good!

Not much stitching since my last post, mostly because I've been debating on what to start next and that depends on what fabric I have...(O_O)"

But some progress was made in other ways yesterday. My sister and I went by the main public library downtown and wandered around for an hour or two; my sister in the non-fiction sections and myself in the craft sections. I found several cross stitch books, two of which I've borrowed before and two that I hadn't seen the last time I was at the main branch of the library :)

The first new book I picked up was 100 Cross-Stitch Christmas Ornaments by Carol Siegel.


The red heart is one of the designs I want to stitch. The book looks so nice and pretty until....


NO TEMPLATES?!?!?!?! O_o"

There are several ornaments in this book that I would love to stitch....LOL the only problem.....the lack of finishing templates. Yes, a good cross stitcher in the world went bad in their giddy madness to finish their Christmas ornaments and tore out the templates in the back!!!! O_o"

Fits of last minute finishing during the holidays can be devastating to fellow stitchers who borrow books from the library. (sigh)

The second new book I picked up was Scrap Saver's Christmas Stitchery by Sandra Foose.


Aren't the Christmas bears just the cutest?!?!


The ornament design I want to make for the holidays this year!! Felt gingerbread cookies, too cute!!

The good news about visiting the library's website after coming home was the fact that another branch had a second copy of the Christmas ornament book!! Yay, perhaps I'll find some templates in that one! Keep your fingers crossed ;)

The goodness of the day continued when I went over to my aunt's house to ask which JBW Designs she had bought the last time we were at Needle Delights in Pensacola. We were looking through her designs (she had several that I was going to buy that day) when she decided to buy The Gift of Stitching digital magazine. To my credit I was going to buy it myself, but she beat me to it partly because she's sneaky (pretending to look at the website) and partly because her ultra-cute cat was on my lap and I wasn't paying attention to what she was doing. What can I say?! I'm a cat person so I was distracted by the cuteness!

OMG!!!! If you haven't subscribed to The Gift of Stitching....you know what I'm going to say...shame on you!! Paying for it is super easy and you get it instantly! No waiting for a bookstore to open or anything, I consider that a plus ;)

My aunt and I proceeded to download all the issues (she bought the package deal with a 1 year subscription and all the back issues for the magazine at a very good price) and then we looked through all the Christmas ornament issues first and through the rest of them after we finished exclaiming over every single Christmas ornament ^__^

(sigh) It was amazing. I love the quality of this digital magazine. In addition to the patterns, you get articles on the history of different countries' stitching and diagrams for new finishings like biscornus and old ones like strawberry emeries, scissor fobs, etc. LOL I've already printed out several ornaments or projects that I want to start!!!

LOL Now my aunt and I are waiting with much impatience for the newest issue of Piecework to come out at our local Barnes and Noble. According to the website, it has an article on pincushions. I love small finishes in addition to all others so this magazine is a must have ;)

Thanks for visting and happy stitching ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment