Saturday, August 9, 2008

Forever in a day

My goodness, I didn't mean for two weeks to go by without a post of some sort. (sigh) But these things do happen when life gets in the way. I started my new job earlier on Monday; it's going well, if not a little bit taxing to the brain because of the newness of everything. It's definitely different from working in a bookstore and I must say that I miss talking to customers.

What have I been doing during the two weeks since my last post? Still stitching away at Christmas Tea by Plum Street Samplers. I picked up threads for it from Needle Delights on the 26th. It is going well so far. I love working with the silk threads by Belle Soie. I've got one more row of words to finish, a bird, the snowflakes, and the cranberries. I think it will be beautiful when it's framed.


On the 1st, I went to a midnight book release party for Breaking Dawn, the final book in the Twilight Saga, by Stephenie Meyer. It was fun. We didn't have alot of people show up at our bookstore. I think alot more of them went to the bookstore up the street because it's bigger and not so claustrophobic. I was going to dress up for the book party, but I didn't want to be a super geek so I opted for a Twilight t-shirt and a skirt instead....geeky, but not too much ;)

If you haven't read this series, I give it a million stars!! And yes, this book series is categorized as 'young adult/teen,' but that doesn't mean adults can't enjoy it! I picked the first book up when I was in England. I was at my town's local library, looking for something to read while taking the train to London, and saw Twilight in the teen section. One of my sister's friends had read it and was raving about it on facebook so I grabbed it. I was hooked immediately. I can't remember the last time I got hooked on a teen series....LOL years and years ago!

On a side note, when I was at Hot Topic buying a Twilight shirt the cashier and I were talking about book parties. He said that he loved that fact that people get so excited for certain books and bookstores across the nation have parties for them. Nothing's greater than celebrating a great book with a hundred or more people! Book geeks ROCK!!!!

In stitching news, I finally got my patterns that I ordered from Needle Delights. (sigh) Apparently, they were mislabelled on the address (not a big deal), but it did take them two weeks to get to my house :( I was glad when I finally got them. The lovely owner of Needle Delights was in the process of reordering them for me when the first order got to me!


A pattern by CCN and autumn JBW designs!!! Woohoo!!

I bought CCN's Harvest Blessing chart. I thought the bunny was super cute in this pattern. LOL I didn't get it just for the bunny, though that was a factor ^__^ I love the message in this one. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my grandfather kept a garden in his backyard. My grandmother would can and preserve tomatoes, pears, and fig jam. There's nothing better than home-grown vegetables. Now a days, none of my family has enough time to plant a garden (sigh). We should really try to make time; a garden is always worth it!


More JBW designs!!

I also bought a whole bunch of JBW designs. I love her designs, they are super quick to stitch up. I can usually get one done in a day if not interrupted. I think I now have all the fruit patterns that she has out so far. I hope she makes more for her French Country line of patterns!!! I hope to finish Christmas Tea up this weekend so I can start on some of these lovely fruit designs.

Today, I went by my bookstore, (sigh) I miss working there!!! LOL I picked up a book that I had ordered called Victorian London by Liza Picard.


I can't wait to start this one ;)

I won't start reading it right away though, only because I'm in the midst of reading The House of Mirth, which I'm enjoying so far. I've never read any of Edith Wharton's books before. I just happened to pick up this one and a few other classics I hadn't read on my last day of working at my bookstore job.

I also went by my local library and dropped off some books and picked up a million more ^___^ I found one in the kids section by Louisa May Alcott called An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving. I've been bad already by reading a few pages of it O_o"

LOL I couldn't help it, I swear! I have to say that I love public libraries. Sometimes they surprise you by having old titles by classic authors that aren't in print any more.

The day wouldn't be complete without a quick stop (it's never quick) to Hobby Lobby. I was bad and bought some Zweigart fabric that was on sale and the whole line of DMC variegated 117 colors or at least all the ones the store had in stock!!


So pretty!

I picked them up because I love using them for the JBW designs! I used a gorgeous red for the JBW design FC Apple and can't wait to use the other colors. I think I'm going to use either DMC 94 or 125 for FC Pear and some of the lovely orange/yellows for the autumn designs!!

Enough rambling for the day! I've got some stitching to complete :) Hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy stitching ^__^

1 comment:

  1. I just started this series the same week that Breaking Dawn came out and started Breaking Dawn yesterday. Once you start them you can't put them down. Sooo addicting. I'm sad that this is the last book in the series. They are so good. I'm so excited for the Twilight movie in December.

    ReplyDelete